Crypto price is heavily driven by news and now large trading institutions that have the ability to manipulate price with high frequency buy/sell/cancel orders. This is normal.
Seriously, crypto is not for you if:
1. you are looking for short term gains and need to get your investment back in the short term
2. you are checking the price every 5 minutes
3. you cannot afford to lose your investment.
Many will panic sell. This is also normal and will have minimal impact on the price compared to major investment sell-offs, which is unlikely, except to leverage an even better price. Others will be using this opportunity to buy.
There are only 2 legitimate threats to crypto:
1. Widespread government/bank regulation or prohibition
2. Big players and powers that be manipulating price like they have done with gold and silver for the last decade.